You've come to the right place to continue your education.
Most Transfer applicants must meet the following core requirements to apply:
- Use the UIC web application or the Common Application. Printed applications will not be accepted.
- The $60 nonrefundable application fee or fee waiver.
- Official college/university transcripts*, submitted electronically or via mail, from every college/university you’ve attended.
Want to know more? Walk through the UIC Admissions process.
Additional requirements may apply to the following applicants:
- International applicants. Must meet the core transfer requirements as well as display evidence of English competency and financial certifications. See Undergraduate International Admissions Requirements for details.
- Honors College applicants must be admitted as undergraduates prior to review and include the following with their application:
- An essay submitted with the application.
- Applicants to the programs below must submit supplemental documents with their Common Application or UIC Web Application.
- Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) test scores are encouraged, particularly if they may count towards credit that satisfies your program's prerequisites.
- ACT or SAT test scores may be required for the following applicants:
- Applicants to the BA in Urban Education program are required to submit ACT/SAT plus writing scores.
- Any transfer applicant with fewer than 36 hours of credit at the time of enrollment.
UIC maintains special transfer programs with participating colleges and universities.
See if your school participates.
- City Colleges of Chicago (GAT)
- Other Illinois Community Colleges (TAG)
- University of Illinois (Intercampus Transfer)
As a participant in the Illinois Articulation Initiative, UIC allows transfer of completed IAI General Education Core Curriculum (GECC) between participating Illinois institutions.