We're continuing to update this page for information about the admissions process for incoming Fall 2020 students, and prospective applicants for the 2020-21 cycle.
2020-2021 application updates
Test-Optional Choice for the Spring 2021, Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 Terms
In response to the continuing challenges in standardized test administration, UIC will be implementing a test-optional policy for first-year applicants during the 2020-21 admissions cycle. Our review process will be modified to measure an applicant’s preparation for UIC through additional attention to the information submitted as part of the application.
Applicants who have SAT or ACT scores may still submit them if they choose. More information about our the application process is available on our admissions requirements page.
Fall 2020 application credentials submission
- Please send all required application credentials by electronic mail or using upload services where available. We do not have access to postal mail at this time, but will upon return to the office.
- If you are unable to secure electronic transcripts and have requested official documents to be sent to us by mail, you can upload unofficial copies of your transcripts to your application status portal. If you are offered admission, we will require official transcripts prior to enrollment.
Visit us virturally
Visit the Nexus, our virtual resources page for admitted students.
- In addition to on-campus events, UIC Admissions will not participate in off-campus events including school visits, college fairs and other non-essential travel. This suspension of activities is in place until further notice.
Office closure until further notice
The Office of Admissions is temporarily closed and staff will work remotely. We will not be able to receive in-person visits or phone calls.
- Graduate and undergraduate students and applicants may contact us by email if you have any questions or need assistance.
- Undergraduate counselors are also available through live chat Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
This page focuses on the impact on prospective students and applicants and will be continually updated. Last updated:7/23/20 9:30 am
- For information about the campus-wide COVID-19 response, including the impact on current students, staff, and faculty, please visit https://go.uic.edu/admissions-covid19.
- For information about planning for the fall please visit: https://today.uic.edu/planning-for-fall-semester-at-uic