In response to the COVID-19 situation, UIC Admissions is taking measures to ease some of the disruption to college planning for the Fall 2020 class, and protect the health and welfare of our campus community and guests.
Fall 2020 deadline extensions
UIC has reopened the first-year application and extended the transfer and readmission application deadlines.
Intent to Enroll
UIC has extended the Intent to Enroll deadline for first-year applicants to June 1.
Application credentials submission
- As of March 21, the Student Services Building is closed to the public. We recommend sending all items by electronic mail or using upload services where available. We do not have access to postal mail at this time, but will upon return to the office.
- If you are unable to secure electronic transcripts and have requested official documents to be sent to us by mail, you can upload unofficial copies of your transcripts to your application status portal. If you are offered admission, we will require official transcripts prior to enrollment.
Visit us virturally
Visit the Nexus, our virtual resources page for admitted students.
- In addition to on-campus events, UIC Admissions will not participate in off-campus events including school visits, college fairs and other non-essential travel.
- This suspension of activities is in place until further notice. Where possible, alternate programming is being planned. Check back here for details.
Office closure until further notice
The Office of Admissions is temporarily closed and staff will work remotely. We will not be able to receive in-person visits or phone calls.
- Graduate and undergraduate students and applicants may contact us by email if you have any questions or need assistance.
- Undergraduate counselors are also available through live chat Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
This page focuses on the impact on prospective students and applicants and will be continually updated. Last updated:4/24/20 2:55 pm