Graduate Tuition and Fees
Summer 2013 Semester Rates
To determine tuition and fees
- Add tuition
- Add applicable tuition differential
- Add applicable fees
- Add applicable assessment
(6 hours and over)
(3 to 5 hours)
(1 to 2 hours)
|In state||Out of state||In state||Out of state||In state||Out of state||In/Out of state|
|Graduate Base Rate||$2,721||$5,720||$1,814||$3,813||$907||$1,907||$454|
|Range I||Range II||Range III||Range IV|
|Architecture and the Arts - Architecture, Art and Design||$1,205||$803||$402||$201|
|Architecture and the Arts - Art History||$904||$603||$301||$151|
|Architecture and the Arts - MA in Architecture Design Criticism||$1,101||$734||$367||$184|
|Architecture and the Arts - MA in Museum & Exhibition Studies
|Architecture and the Arts - MS in Architecture in Health Design||$2,096||$1,397||$699||$349|
|Business: MBA, MA in Real Estate, MS Accounting, MS in Management Information Systems, and MS in Finance||$2,050||$1,367||$683||$342|
|College of Urban Planning and Public Affairs (CUPPA) - Public Administration||$1,000||$667||$333||$167|
|College of Urban Planning and Public Affairs (CUPPA) - Urban Planning and Policy||$1,250||$833||$417||$208|
|Engineering - All Except Energy Engineering||$520||$347||$173||$87|
|Engineering - Energy Engineering||$1,648||$1,099||$549||$275|
|LAS - Science only: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Sciences, Physics, and Psychology||$438||$292||$146||$73|
|Medical Biotechnology MS||$1,725||$1,150||$575||$288|
|Occupational Therapy (OT): Doctor of OT and MS in OT||$1,067||$711||$356||$178|
|Public Health (all except Healthcare Administration)||$933||$622||$311||$156|
|Public Health - Healthcare Administration||$2,426||$1,617||$809||$404|
6 hours and over
3 to 5 hours
1 to 2 hours
|Health Service Fee||$59||$59||$59||$59|
|Health Insurance Fee. With proof of insurance, this fee can be waived.||$264||$264||$264||$264|
|CTA U Pass Fee. Assessed for full time study defined as 9 hours (5 hours summer).||$84||Not assessed for less than full time|
|Range I||Range II||Range III||Range IV|
|Academic Facilities Maintenance Fund Assessment (see note 7 below).||$155||$103||$52||$26|
|Library and Information Technology Assessment (see note 8 below). Assessed to students entering Fall 2008 and after.||$100||$67||$33||$17|
- Tuition and fees are subject to change without notice any time prior to the first day of instruction
- Undergraduate E-Tuition rate of $484 per credit hour at UIC will be assessed to all students admitted to degree and non-degree on-line programs excluding UIC Online. Graduate E-Tuition rate of $762 per credit hour at UIC will be assessed to all students admitted to degree and non-degree on-line programs excluding UIC Online. eTuition is assessed to students admitted into formally recognized online programs (with program codes ending in "U"). The program of admission will control tuition and fee assessment. See the Office of Admissions or Office of the Registrar web site for online tuition rate information.
- In fall and spring, $3 will be assessed for the Student-To-Student Assistance Program (refundable). Not assessed in summer.
- All full time students are assessed a transportation fee for the CTA U Pass. Full time is defined as 12 or more credits hours (6 hours summer) for undergraduate and professional students. Full time is defined as 9 or more credit hours (5 hours summer) for graduate students.
- The transportation fee will be assessed to degree and non-degree students in the categories listed in note 4 above.
- Undergraduate degree seeking students entering the University in Summer 2004 or after are provided a four year tuition guarantee. The purpose of the undergraduate guaranteed tuition plan is to provide a high degree of certainty about tuition costs for students and families. The plan applies to all undergraduate students enrolled in a baccalaureate degree program on one of the three campuses of the University of Illinois. The plan treats every student as part of a cohort defined by the date of entry to the University. Each cohort is guaranteed an unchanged tuition schedule for four years. Please note that fees are subject to change annually. For details on guaranteed undergraduate tuition see http://www.usp.uillinois.edu/guaranteed_tuition/index.cfm. Senate Bill 3222 allows students whose 4 years have expired to remain in the next most recently admitted cohort for 2 years. After the four year guarantee, students move to the next most favorable cohort rate in year 5, stay there for year 6. See http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ and search for Senate Bill 3222.
- The Academic Facilities Maintenance Fund Assessment (AFMFA) is assessed to all students. For less than 12 hour (6 hours summer) full-time enrollment, the AFMFA will be based on enrolled credit hours pro-rated according to range calculations.
- In order to generate resources to improve the learning environment, a Library and Information Technology Assessment is assessed to all students. For students at less than 12 hour (6 hours summer) full-time enrollment the assessment is pro-rated according to tuition range calculations.
- Tuition differentials are applied to non-degree students in major specific non-degree program codes.
- CLINIC INFRASTRUCTURE ASSESSMENT. In order to generate resources to improve the learning environment, ensure the availability of contemporary technology, and support clinical patient care learning experiences, the Clinic Education Fee has been replaced with a Clinic Infrastructure Assessment (CIA). The CIA is assessed to students in the DDS, DMD and IDDP programs at the rate in effect for each specific group/class at time of matriculation.
- Students who officially withdraw from the University by the end of the online drop and add period will receive a full refund of tuition and fees.
After classes begin, students who officially withdraw from the University (by dropping all classes) may receive a pro-rata refund based upon the official date of withdrawal.
Assessed tuition, the service and general fees are refunded on a pro-rata basis. Campus Care Health Insurance assesses a $50 cancellation fee.
The Health Service and Health Insurance Fees are nonrefundable after the online drop add period ends.
- Refund Schedule - see also https://registrar.uic.edu/financial_matters/refund_schedule.html