In response to the COVID-19 situation, UIC Admissions is taking measures to protect the health and welfare of our campus community and guests. This page focuses on the impact on prospective students and applicants and will be continually updated.
- For information about the campus-wide COVID-19 response, including the impact on current students, staff, and faculty, please visit https://go.uic.edu/admissions-covid19.
Office closure until April 8
The Office of Admissions is temporarily closed and staff will work remotely until April 8. We will not be able to receive in-person visits or phone calls.
- Graduate and undergraduate students and applicants may contact us by email if you have any questions or need assistance.
- Undergraduate counselors are also available through live chat Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- As of March 21, the Student Services Building is closed to the public. We recommend sending all items by electronic mail or using upload services where available. We do not have access to postal mail at this time, but will upon return to the office. Applicants can also upload documents to their application status portals.
updated: 3/26/20 2:06 pm
Impacts on visits, on- and off-campus events
Based on the University of Illinois System recommendations, effective Friday, March 13, the events in the list below will be suspended.
Cancellation notices will be sent by email to registered students.
|LARES Family Day||Sat., March 14||Suspended||TBD|
|Flames Fridays||Fridays, March 20 - April 17||Suspended||TBD|
|AARERI New Student Brunch||Sat., March 21||Suspended||TBD|
|UIC Business Visit||Sat., March 21||Suspended||Virtual options and live chat|
|UIC Preview||Mon., March 23||Suspended||TBD|
|UIC Preview||Thur., March 26||Suspended||TBD|
|IGNITE||Sat., April 4||Suspended||TBD|
|UIC Preview||Thurs., April 9||Suspended||TBD|
|Discover LAS||Sat., April 18||Suspended||Appointments by phone|
|CADA Conversations||Sat., April 18||Suspended||Virtual Information Sessions|
|Honors College / GPPA Visit||Sat., April 24||Suspended||TBD|
|Group Visits||Until Further Notice||Suspended||TBD|
|Admissions Information Session & Tour||Through May 1||Suspended|
|Transfer Drop-in Appointments||Multiple||Suspended||Online transfer appointments|
- In addition to on-campus events, UIC Admissions will not participate in off-campus events including school visits, college fairs and other non-essential travel.
- This suspension of activities is in place until further notice. Where possible, alternate programming is being planned. Check back here for details.
Impacts on application processes
UIC Admissions is committed to increased flexiblity in our admisisons process to ease some of the disruption to our applicants' fall plans.
- Fall 2020 first-year applicants who have not yet applied can continue to use the petition form to request consideration for a late application.
- The Intent to Enroll deadline for Fall 2020 first-year applicants is extended to June 1.
- The application deadline for Fall 2020 transfer and readmission applicants is extended to May 1. Visit the UIC web application to apply.
This page was last updated: 3/26/20 2:06 pm