Applicants returning to UIC, welcome back!
To apply for readmission, the following requirements must be met:
- UIC web application (an application fee is not required).
- Official college transcripts from all colleges/universities attended since last attending UIC.
- Letter of petition submitted with the application.
- Former UIC students who left the University on academic dismissal status or on probation, regardless of whether they have attended another collegiate institution in the interval, must submit a petition with an application when they apply for readmission. Admission is granted upon approval of the dean of the college concerned.
- Former UIC students who left the University on clear status, but have attended another collegiate institution where they have earned a scholastic average below 2.00/4.00, may be readmitted to the University only with a petition approved by the dean of the college concerned
- A former UIC student who was dismissed for disciplinary reasons must submit a petition to the Office of Admissions, which will then be forwarded to the appropriate committee.
- Students who do not fit the above criteria may submit a personal statement in place of the petition or bypass the question by entering “N/A” on their web application.