Applicants returning to UIC, welcome back!
To apply for readmission, the following requirements must be met:
- UIC web application (an application fee is not required).
- Official college transcripts* from all colleges/universities attended since last attending UIC.
- Letter of petition submitted with the application.
- Former UIC students who left the University on academic dismissal status or on probation, regardless of whether they have attended another collegiate institution in the interval, must submit a petition with an application when they apply for readmission. Admission is granted upon approval of the dean of the college concerned.
- Former UIC students who left the University on clear status, but have attended another collegiate institution where they have earned a scholastic average below 2.00/4.00, may be readmitted to the University only with a petition approved by the dean of the college concerned
- A former UIC student who was dismissed for disciplinary reasons must submit a petition to the Office of Admissions, which will then be forwarded to the appropriate committee.
- Students who do not fit the above criteria may submit a personal statement in place of the petition or bypass the question by entering “N/A” on their web application.
*Please note that our mailing address changed recently. Check with your counselor or registrar to ensure that they send documents only to the following address.
Office of Undergraduate Admissions (MC 018)
University of Illinois at Chicago
1200 West Harrison Street, Suite 1100
Chicago, IL 60607-7161
NOTICE OF AVAILABILITY OF THE UIC ANNUAL SECURITY AND FIRE SAFETY REPORT
The University of Illinois at Chicago is pleased to share the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report with all prospective students. The report contains information regarding campus security and personal safety including topics such as: crime prevention, public safety authority, crime reporting policies, fire safety, disciplinary procedures, and fire statistics in UIC residential facilities and crime statistics for the three previous calendar years. The full text of this report is available online on the UIC Clery Website at clery.uic.edu. If you would like to receive a copy on paper, visit the UIC Police Department, located at 943 West Maxwell Street, Room 211, Chicago, IL 60608 or call (312) 996-2830.