Tuition & Fees
Estimate your tuition and fees
You can find a cost of attendance estimator on our discover.uic.edu website for 2024-25 full-time, on campus, undergraduate student rates.
Please visit the registrar's site for comprehensive tuition tables, including historical, part-time, online, and summer session tuition rates.
Excellence — within reach
A college education is a great investment. The good news is that UIC is committed to making college affordable by guiding you through the financial aid process. Last year, UIC undergraduates received nearly $200 million in financial aid and scholarships.
Learn about the types of aid available, eligibility requirements, how to apply and more from the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships.
Scholarships & Grants
The best kind of financial aid — the kind you don't have to pay back!
UIC offers many financial resources for incoming first year and transfer students, including scholarships and grants. Last year, nearly two-thirds of UIC students received grants or scholarships.
How to apply
- All need-based grants, and some scholarships evaluate financial need, so be sure complete the Free Application for Federal Student Financial Aid (FAFSA) to determine what aid you may be eligible to receive.
- Fall semester applicants should consider applying by the Scholarship Priority Date to maximize their eligiblity for scholarship awards.
- Once you complete the UIC application, you will automatically be considered for most university and college scholarships and awards; no additional steps are necessary.
- See below for more detailed information
Opportunities for All Students
Awards administered by the Office of Admissions
The Honors College offers numerous both merit-based and need-based scholarships for incoming freshmen, transfer and continuing students. To be considered for Honors College scholarships, you must complete an Honors College application in addition to your UIC application.
In addition to scholarships and tuition assistance offered directly from the ROTC programs, Illinois residents can apply for state ROTC tuition waivers. Each ROTC program has 40 of these waivers active during each semester. This assistance is available to freshmen and sophomores without a military obligation. Prospective and current ROTC cadets may contact the appropriate ROTC branch to obtain information about their scholarships:
- Army ROTC: (312) 413-2357
- Air Force ROTC: (312) 567-3525
- Navy ROTC: (312) 567-3530
Several offices and departments across campus offer scholarships to both new and continuing UIC students.
- Scholarships Page (UIC Office of Financial Aid)
- Scholarship and Awards Program
- LAS Scholarships
- Business Scholarships
- Honors College Scholarships
Also, take a look at fastweb.com for scholarships not affiliated with UIC.
First Year Students
Major scholarship programs
President’s Award Program
Honors College Scholarships
UIC Merit Tuition Award
Transfer students to UIC may be eligible for the following scholarships once they are enrolled at UIC:
- Transfer Merit Tuition Award – membership in the Honors College is not required
- Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship – membership in the Honors College is required
Eligible students are contacted during the fall semester with application and deadline information. See Honors College for details.
Continuing Undergraduate Students
Many on- and off-campus organizations offer scholarships to current UIC students. Of particular note is the Office of Scholarships, which awards multiple awards to currently enrolled UIC students every year.