We're continuing to update this page for information about the admissions process for current and prospective applicants.
2020-2021 Application Updates
Test-Optional Choice for First Year Applicants to the Spring 2021 and Fall 2021 Terms
New - Policy Extended through Fall 2022.
In response to the continuing challenges in standardized test administration, UIC has implemented a test-optional policy for First Year applicants during the 2020-21 admissions cycle. Our review process will be modified to measure an applicant’s preparation for UIC through additional attention to the information submitted as part of the application.
Applicants who have SAT or ACT scores may still submit them if they choose. More information about our application process is available on our First Year admissions requirements and Test Optional FAQ pages.
Application Credentials Submission
- Please send all required application credentials electronically when possible, we are still accepting paper mail but the quickest method is by taking advantage of electronic transcript services where available.
- If you are unable to secure electronic transcripts and have requested official documents to be sent to us by mail, you can upload unofficial copies of your transcripts to your application status portal. If you are offered admission, we will require official transcripts prior to enrollment.
Visit Us Virtually
The Office of Admissions is temporarily closed and staff are working remotely. While we are not currently able to receive in-person visits or phone calls, we are available via email, chat, and Zoom.
- Not yet applied but ready to learn more about UIC? Prospective students can reach an admissions counselor available through live chat Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. daily. Chat is also available on our Discover UIC page.
- Already applied but have questions about your application? Current applicants can reach Admissions via Zoom daily between 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Monday - Friday. Applicants may also contact us by email with any questions about their current application.
- Do you need to send documents or supporting materials for your application? You can email attachments to email@example.com (Undergraduate applicants) or firstname.lastname@example.org (Graduate applicants).
- For information about the campus-wide COVID-19 response, including the impact on current students, staff, and faculty, please visit https://go.uic.edu/admissions-covid19.