Chancellor's Fellows Award
A scholarship for high-achieving Illinois residents
Chancellor's Fellows is valued at up to $7,500 a year and may be renewed for a total of eight consecutive, full-time fall or spring semesters.
Recipients can find the specific value of their award on their financial aid notification letters, which are distributed beginning in early March.
There are a total of 200 awards that are open to Illinois residents who are also U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens whose families have a household income less than six times the federal poverty rate. See the Illinois Student Assistance Commission web page for more details.
Please note, funding is limited, and meeting the following criteria does not guarantee receipt of the award. The award is only valid for the term in which it is offered. Other eligibility requirements exist, including:
- Must have Illinois residency as determined by university policy
- Must meet all of the state requirements
- Must complete a first-year application for admission to UIC by the scholarship priority deadline of Nov. 1, 2022.
- Must be a 2023 graduating senior from an Illinois high school:
Ranked 1st in graduating class-OR-
Unweighted GPA of 3.70 with a total of at least 8 Honors, Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate (HL) in 11th and 12th grades combined in core subject areas (math, science, English/language arts, social sciences/humanities, foreign languages)
Unweighted GPA of 3.70 with a 33 cumulative ACT score or 1450 SAT test scores
- Must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Rise Act application with the UIC school code (001776) by Nov 1, 2022.
- Total family income cannot exceed 6 times the Federal Poverty guidelines.
Continuing Student Eligibility
Please see the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships website for continuing student eligibility requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to do to accept the scholarship?
The award will be included in your financial aid notification. In order to accept the scholarship, you must submit your intent to enroll on the UIC Student Portal by May 1, 2023.
What happens to the award if I accept my offer of admission after May 1?
All Fall 2023 UIC scholarship offers are only valid to applicants who accept their offer by May 1, 2023.