Chancellor's Fellows Award
Please note, significant changes to criteria are expected for the Fall 2021 cycle. Please check back in mid-September for more information.
The Chancellor’s Fellows award is an annual $10,000 merit-based scholarship for high achieving Illinois residents.
The program is open to Illinois residents who are also U.S. citizens, or eligible non-citizens, whose families have a household income less than six times the federal poverty rate. See the Illinois Student Assistance Commission web page for more details.
Other eligibility requirements exist:
- Must have Illinois residency as determined by university policy
- Must be a 2020 graduating senior from an Illinois high school
- With a minimum 3.8 unweighted grade point average
- And either
- A score of 1360+ on the SAT (CR+M) or 30+ on the ACT
- Or be an Illinois high school valedictorians at a high school that ranks
- Must complete an application for admission to UIC by Nov. 1.
- Must apply for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) with the UIC school code (001776) by Nov. 1
- Total family income cannot exceed 6 times the Federal Poverty guidelines
The award is distributed at $5,000 per semester, and may be renewed for a total of eight consecutive, full-time fall or spring semesters.
- Once awarded, continuing UIC students must maintain full-time status by enrolling in a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester
- Students must apply to FAFSA for each award year by Feb. 15 and continue to meet the need criteria
- Students must maintain a grade point average of 3.0 or higher each semester
Please see the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships website for full eligibility requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to do to accept the scholarship?
The award will be included in your financial aid notification. In order to accept the scholarship, you must submit your intent to enroll on the UIC Student Portal by May 1, 2020.
What happens to the award if I accept my offer of admission after May 1, 2020?
All Fall 2020 UIC scholarships offers are only valid to applicants who accept their offer by May 1, 2020. (June 1, 2020 extention honored for this award).
Is the award guaranteed?
The award is guaranteed to applicants who meet the stated criteria. It is renewable for eight consecutive, full-time fall or spring semesters. Students must maintain a 3.0 grade point average or higher, as well as the need criteria each year.
Does the scholarship cover the costs of room and board, travel or other expenses?
The scholarship is applied to any UIC expenses that are charged to your student account after state and federal gift aid has been exhausted.