UIC has two categories of graduate level certificate programs. Instruction in either category may be online, blended or on-campus. (See UIC's definitions of online and blended programs.) Access the links below for more information about the individual certificates within the Graduate Catalog.
- Campus Certificates
- Considered non-degree enrollment
- IBHE Certificates (Illinois Board of Higher Education)
- Considered degree-seeking enrollment
- Requires the completion of more semester hours than Campus Certificate programs.
Applying for a Certificate
IBHE Certificate program applications available through the Graduate Applications page are named in the top section of the page. Please follow the link within the appropriate box to reach the correct application.
To apply to a Campus Certificate, please click the Apply Non-degree & Campus Certificate link in the lower section of the Graduate Applications page. After you have logged into the application system and started a new application, select "Graduate Campus Certificate" from the Application Type screen.
As Campus Certificate programs are considered non-degree enrollment, refer to the Non-Degree Requirements for relevant application requirements for departmental non-degree applications. Please also see the Graduate College Deadlines page for important Campus Certificate application deadlines.
Certificates with Special Application Procedures
The following certificate programs use a separate application or process. Click on the name of the certificate program to be directed to the program’s website for the relevant application information.
- Assistive Technology (Applied Health Sciences) - post-baccalaureate Campus Certificate – on-campus
- Bioinformatics (Engineering) - post-baccalaureate Campus Certificate – online
- Electromagnetics Technology (Engineering) - post-baccalaureate Campus Certificate – online
- Engineering Law and Management (Engineering) - post-baccalaureate Campus Certificate – online
- Evidence-Based Mental Health Practice with Children (Social Work) - post-baccalaureate IBHE Certificate – on-campus
- Management and Leadership in the Non-Profit Disability Organization (Applied Health Sciences) - post-baccalaureate Campus Certificate – on-campus
- Patient Safety, Error Science, and Full Disclosure (Medicine) - post-baccalaureate Campus Certificate – online
- Teaching of Economics (Liberal Arts and Sciences) - post-baccalaureate Campus Certificate – on-campus
- Wireless Communications Technology (Engineering) - post-baccalaureate Campus Certificate – online
Prospective International Applicants
- Online Certificates - IBHE & Campus Certificates
- Submission of financial documents for visa processing is not required.
- Blended or On-Campus Certificates
- IBHE Certificates: Submission of financial documents for visa processing is required for those who would need a student visa (F1) to enroll at UIC.
- Campus Certificates: International applicants who would require a student visa are not eligible for admission to campus certificates unless they are already registered in a post-baccalaureate degree program at UIC.
If all prior coursework was done abroad, English proficiency requirements may apply.
NOTICE OF AVAILABILITY OF THE UIC ANNUAL SECURITY AND FIRE SAFETY REPORT
The University of Illinois at Chicago is pleased to share the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report with all prospective students. The report contains information regarding campus security and personal safety including topics such as: crime prevention, public safety authority, crime reporting policies, fire safety, disciplinary procedures, and fire statistics in UIC residential facilities and crime statistics for the three previous calendar years. The full text of this report is available online on the UIC Clery Website at clery.uic.edu. If you would like to receive a copy on paper, visit the UIC Police Department, located at 943 West Maxwell Street, Room 211, Chicago, IL 60608 or call (312) 996-2830.