The application process and requirements for most professional programs are set by the departments, so the program's website should be the first place to go to for the relevant application information.

Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) - College of Applied Health Sciences
Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTD) - College of Applied Health Sciences
Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) - College of Dentistry
DMD Advanced Standing (DMD) - College of Dentistry
Doctor of Medicine (MD) - College of Medicine (Admission handled entirely by the college)
Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) - College of Nursing
Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) - College of Pharmacy

Basic Application Information

DNP and OTD applicants should refer to the Graduate Domestic or International requirements pages, as their application process mirrors the general Graduate process.

Applicants to other professional programs at UIC generally require the following, though programs provide specific instructions on their website:

  • Centralized Application Service (CAS) application, as required by the program.
  • Institutional Supplemental Application + application fee or waiver (all except the M.D. program)
    • The non-refundable application fee or selection of an applicable waiver is required to submit the supplemental application.
      • DPT, DNP, OTD, PharmD = $70
      • DMD = $85
      • DMDAS = $150
  • A record of all coursework completed
    • US coursework submitted through the CAS
    • International credentials uploaded through the application checklist, if not included in the CAS record.
    • Certified English translations of all non-English language credentials.
    • If course work is in progress, final transcripts with grades recorded and proof of any degrees awarded may be requested by the program after admission.
  • Supplementary materials as determined by the program (GRE and other test scores, personal statement, letters of recommendation, writing samples, etc.), typically submitted through the CAS. Refer to the department’s instructions or requirements within the CAS for specific information.

International applicants or applicants with coursework completed outside of the U.S. should refer to the International Requirements page for Credential and English proficiency requirement guidelines.