Learning can happen without a degree.
To apply for undergraduate nondegree, the following requirements must be met:
- Petition for access to the nondegree web application.
- The $60 nonrefundable application fee or fee waiver.
- Official college transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
- Goals statement submitted with the application explaining why you are applying for undergraduate non-degree status.
If you have already earned a Bachelor’s degree, apply as a graduate nondegree student.
Fall and spring term undergraduate nondegree applications are reviewed on a case-by-case basis by the following colleges:
- Applied Health Sciences
- Liberal Arts & Sciences
- Urban Planning & Public Affairs
Applicants seeking to take courses as a visiting student over the summer should apply to the Summer Session.
UIC does not offer an organized post-baccalaureate program for pre-health studies (or other preprofessional/preparatory coursework). Students seeking to complete prerequisite coursework for undergraduate, graduate, or professional programs at UIC or elsewhere will generally be advised to pursue those courses at a community college.
See Graduate Admissions for a list of post-baccalaureate certificate programs.