Note on Unofficial Documents

Please send all required application credentials electronically when possible, we are still accepting paper mail but the quickest method is by taking advantage of electronic transcript services where available.

If you are unable to secure electronic transcripts and have requested official documents to be sent to us by mail, you can upload unofficial copies of your transcripts to your application status portal. If you are offered admission, we will require official transcripts prior to enrollment.  

Official Transcripts

High School Transcripts

Contact your high school to request official transcripts. Submit your official high school transcripts by mail or electronically. Counselors can submit transcripts online using the Common Application School Report. 

A high school counselor, teacher, principal or other school official may also email high school transcripts and mid-year reports directly to A hard copy of the final official transcript, however, will be required after admission and prior to class enrollment. 

College or University Transcripts

Contact your college or university to request official transcripts. UIC accepts electronic versions of college transcripts—sent from colleges through transcript services like Parchment or Naviance—or physical copies from issuing schools that are sealed and signed. Emailed transcripts are not accepted.


Translations for Transcripts in a Language other than English

UIC requires two documents if your transcripts are written in a language other than English: your official transcript in the original language and a translated copy in English. 

English translations are accepted directly from the institution issuing the transcript or from a certified member of the American Translators Association (ATA). These are accept via postal mail or electronically to directly from the institution or translator. 

Standardized Test Scores

UIC is test-optional and does not require a test result as a part of your application. If you choose to include test scores, ACT or SAT scores must be submitted electronically or printed on official transcripts for first year and lower-division transfer applicants.

ACT or SAT test scores

  • Upload an unofficial copy: You can upload an unofficial copy of your score directly to your application portal.
  • Email your score: Send your score via email to
  • High school transcript: If your ACT or SAT score is already included in your high school transcript, this will suffice as well.
  • The ACT organization can send score reports to UIC. Complete an online request and use the UIC ACT test code (1155). 
  • The College Board (SAT) can send score reports to UIC. Complete  an online request from the College Board. Use the UIC SAT test code (1851). 

English language proficiency

Students from countries other than the U.S. where the only official language is not English may be asked to provide evidence of English proficiency. Students may submit English Proficiency scores from either the IELTS, TOELF or PTE. 


IELTS scores must be ordered from the IDP testing agency where the test was administered.


TOEFL or PTE scores must be ordered and sent directly from the testing agency.  UIC will not accept these scores via email.  The TOEFL score code for UIC is 1851. PTE does not have a score code, but UIC is an option in the order form.

$100 International Credential Evaluation Fee

Applicants who submit academic credentials from institutions located outside the United States will be assessed a $100 International Credential Evaluation fee. 
In turn, UIC Admissions will evaluate international credentials to determine equivalencies on the U.S. grading scale and UIC course catalog. Credential evaluations from external agencies, such as WES or ECE, are not required by UIC Admissions and cannot be submitted in lieu of this fee. 
Please click here to access your application status portal and submit fee payments electronically. 

Advanced Placement

Advanced Placement (AP)

You can view your scores and send them to UIC. Complete a request online and use the UIC's College Board test code (1851)

We also accept scores that are  sent from a counselor, teacher, principal or other school official directly to

International Baccalaureate  (IB)

You can order an transcripts from the International Baccalaureate website. 

We also accept scores if a copy of your score report is sent from a counselor, teacher, principal or other school official directly to


More info about credit by examination