You've come to the right place to continue your education.
Most Transfer applicants must meet the following core requirements to apply:
- Use the UIC web application or the Common Application. Printed applications will not be accepted.
- The $50 nonrefundable application fee or fee waiver.
- Official college/university transcripts*, submitted electronically or via mail, from every college/university you’ve attended.
Want to know more? Walk through the UIC Admissions process.
Colleges and programs have minimum credit hour and prerequisite requirements.
See the program-specific transfer guides for an overview of transfer requirements.
Additional requirements may apply to the following applicants:
- Advanced Placment (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) test scores are encouraged, particularly if they may count towards credit that satisfies your program's prerequisites.
- ACT or SAT test scores may be required for the following applicants:
- Any transfer applicant with fewer than 36 hours of credit at the time of enrollment.
- Applicants to the BA in Urban Education program within the College of Education are required to submit ACT/SAT plus writing scores.
- International applicants. Must meet the core transfer requirements as well as display evidence of English competency and financial certifications. Transfer applicants with international coursework will also be assessed the $30 international credential evaluation fee. See Undergraduate International Admissions Requirements for details.
- Honors College applicants must be admitted as undergraduates prior to review and include the following with their application:
- An essay submitted with the application.
- Applicants to the programs below must submit supplemental documents with their Common Application or UIC Web Application (see Upload Guide).