You've come to the right place to continue your education.
Most Transfer applicants must meet the following core requirements to apply:
- Use the UIC web application or the Common Application. Printed applications will not be accepted.
- The $50 nonrefundable application fee or fee waiver.
- Official college/university transcripts*, submitted electronically or via mail, from every college/university you’ve attended.
Want to know more? Walk through the UIC Admissions process.
Colleges and programs have minimum credit hour and prerequisite requirements.
See the program-specific transfer guides for an overview of transfer requirements.
Additional requirements may apply to the following applicants:
- Honors College applicants must be admitted as undergraduates prior to review and include the following with their application:
- An essay submitted with the application.
- Two recommendations submitted through the Common Application or via mail.
- Advanced Placment (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) test scores are encouraged, particularly if they may count towards credit that satisfies your program's prerequisites.
- Transfer applicants with less than 36 hours of credit at the time of enrollment must submit high school transcripts and ACT/SAT scores.
- International applicants. Must meet the core transfer requirements as well as display evidence of English competency and financial certifications. Transfer applicants with international coursework will also be assessed the $30 international credential evaluation fee. See Undergraduate International Admissions Requirements for details.
- Applicants to the programs below must submit supplemental documents with their Common Application or UIC Web Application (see Upload Guide).
*Please note that our mailing address changed recently. Check with your counselor or registrar to ensure that they send documents only to the following address.
Office of Undergraduate Admissions (MC 018)
University of Illinois at Chicago
1200 West Harrison Street, Suite 1100
Chicago, IL 60607-7161