You've come to the right place to continue your education.
All Transfer applicants must meet the following core requirements to apply:
- Use the UIC web application. Printed applications will not be accepted.
- The $60 nonrefundable application fee or fee waiver.
- Official college/university transcripts, submitted electronically or via mail, from every college/university you’ve attended. Unofficial transcripts will not be accepted.
Colleges and programs have minimum credit hour and prerequisite requirements.
See the program-specific transfer guides for an overview of transfer admission requirements.
See Transferology to determine which specific courses transfer to UIC from a participating college or university.
Additional requirements may apply to the following applicants:
Applicants to programs with supplemental documents
Applicants to the programs below must submit supplemental documents with their Common Application or UIC Web Application.
Honors College applicants
Honors College applicants must be admitted as undergraduates prior to review and include the following with their application:
- An essay submitted with the application.
- Letters of recommendaiton
International applicants ust meet the core transfer requirements as well as display evidence of English competency and financial certifications. See Undergraduate International Admissions Requirements for details.
Applicants with foreign credentials
A mandatory, non-refundable $100 International Credential Evaluation Fee is assessed for all undergraduate degree-seeking applicants who have post-secondary coursework taken outside the United States. International applicants who have only U.S. coursework are not required to submit this fee. Study abroad coursework by U.S. students is excluded from this policy. The fee is assessed once per application term. Payment of the fee will be requested online through the application system.
Applicants with fewer than 36 hours at time of enrollment
- ACT or SAT test scores and high school transcripts may be required for any transfer applicant with fewer than 36 hours of credit at the time of enrollment.
- Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) test scores are encouraged, particularly if they may count towards credit that satisfies your program's prerequisites.
UIC maintains special transfer programs with participating colleges and universities.
See if your school participates.
- City Colleges of Chicago (GAT)
- Other Community Colleges (TAG)
- University of Illinois (Intercampus Transfer)
As a participant in the Illinois Articulation Initiative, UIC allows transfer of completed IAI General Education Core Curriculum (GECC) between participating Illinois institutions.