You've come to the right place to continue your education.
All Transfer applicants must meet the following core requirements to apply:
- Use the UIC web application. Printed applications will not be accepted.
- The $60 nonrefundable application fee or fee waiver.
- Official college/university transcripts, submitted electronically or via mail, from every college/university you’ve attended.
Want to know more? Walk through the UIC Admissions process.
Additional requirements may apply to the following applicants:
- International applicants. Must meet the core transfer requirements as well as display evidence of English competency and financial certifications. See Undergraduate International Admissions Requirements for details.
- Honors College applicants must be admitted as undergraduates prior to review and include the following with their application:
- An essay submitted with the application.
- Applicants to the programs below must submit supplemental documents with their Common Application or UIC Web Application.
- Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) test scores are encouraged, particularly if they may count towards credit that satisfies your program's prerequisites.
- ACT or SAT test scores may be required for the following applicants:
- Applicants to the BA in Urban Education program are required to submit ACT/SAT plus writing scores.
- Any transfer applicant with fewer than 36 hours of credit at the time of enrollment.
- International Credential Evaluation Fee. A mandatory, non-refundable $50 International Credential Evaluation Fee is assessed for all undergraduate degree-seeking applicants who have post-secondary coursework taken outside the United States. International applicants who have only U.S. coursework are not required to submit this fee. Study abroad coursework by U.S. students is excluded from this policy. The fee is assessed once per application term. Payment of the fee will be requested online through the application system.
UIC maintains special transfer programs with participating colleges and universities.
See if your school participates.
- City Colleges of Chicago (GAT)
- Other Illinois Community Colleges (TAG)
- University of Illinois (Intercampus Transfer)
As a participant in the Illinois Articulation Initiative, UIC allows transfer of completed IAI General Education Core Curriculum (GECC) between participating Illinois institutions.