Before You Apply
Start planning now.
Early preparation is the key to successfully beginning your journey at UIC.
Do your research.
Know your deadlines.
Keep track of all deadlines that apply to you. Keep in mind, some programs and departments, such as GPPA and Honors College have their own deadlines.
Check your requirements.
Familiarize yourself with admission requirements, including department, test, and course requirements, as soon as possible.
Begin essays and request recommendations.
Your application essay and recommendations are an opportunity to make your application stand out. Starting early ensures you and your recommenders have adequate time to meet deadlines.
Applying for Admission
Ready to apply? Complete these steps.
Before submitting your application, make sure you check requirements & deadlines for specific requirements based on how you are applying.
- FIrst Year Applicants: complete the Common Application.
- Transfer Applicants: complete the UIC Web Application.
- Submit your application fees or application waiver.
- Submit essays or letters of recommendation.
- Have your transcripts sent.
- For the Spring 2021 and Fall 2021 terms, UIC is test-optional. A standardized test score is not a requirement unless you have chosen a test-inclusive option when applying.
After you apply
Your application is in. What's next?
Check application status.
You can check your status online. This is where you’ll find a checklist of items we’ve received and which items are still outstanding.
When you can expect to hear from us.
You'll receive a decision by email or mail within the time frames below.
First Year applicants:
Spring term: September–December
Fall term: February–May
Questions about your application?
Contact us at (312) 996-4350
Congratulations, you're in! Now what?
Follow this newly admitted student checklist to help you stay on track and take advantage of all UIC has to offer.