UIC has many options for your second degree.
To apply for Second Bachelor’s admission, the following requirements must be met:
- The Common Application online or UIC web application. Printed applications will not be accepted.
- The $50 nonrefundable application fee or fee waiver.
- Official college/university transcripts, submitted electronically or via mail, from every college/university you’ve attended.
Second Bachelor’s applications are reviewed on a case-by-case basis by the following colleges:
- Applied Health Sciences
- Architecture, Design & the Arts
- Liberal Arts & Sciences*
- Urban Planning & Public Affairs
Preference in most colleges is to grant seats to students pursuing their first degree.
*LAS programs unavailable to second Bachelor's applicants include but may not be limited to: Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Neuroscience, Psychology, Sociology, Criminology, Law and Justice, and Communication.
If you have already earned two or more Bachelor’s degrees or a graduate level degree, apply for graduate admission.
Additional requirements may apply to the following applicants:
- International applicants. Must meet the core transfer requirements as well as display evidence of English competency and financial certifications. Please see Undergraduate International Admissions Requirements for details.
- Applicants to the programs below. Must submit supplemental documents. Common Application users will submit these items with the application, UIC web application users should view the Upload Guide for submission directions.