UIC has many options for your second degree.
To apply for Second Bachelor’s admission, the following requirements must be met:
- The Common Application online or UIC web application. Printed applications will not be accepted.
- The $50 nonrefundable application fee or fee waiver.
- Official college/university transcripts*, submitted electronically or via mail, from every college/university you’ve attended.
Second Bachelor’s applications are reviewed on a case-by-case basis by the following colleges:
- Applied Health Sciences
- Architecture, Design & the Arts
- Liberal Arts & Sciences**
- Urban Planning & Public Affairs
Preference in most colleges is to grant seats to students pursuing their first degree. If you have already earned two or more Bachelor’s degrees or a graduate level degree, apply for graduate admission.
*Please note that our mailing address changed recently. Check with your counselor or registrar to ensure that they send documents only to the following address.
Office of Undergraduate Admissions (MC 018)
University of Illinois at Chicago
1200 West Harrison Street, Suite 1100
Chicago, IL 60607-7161
**LAS programs unavailable to second Bachelor's applicants include but may not be limited to: Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Neuroscience, Psychology, Sociology, Criminology, Law and Justice, and Communication.
Additional requirements may apply to the following applicants:
- International applicants. Must meet the core transfer requirements as well as display evidence of English competency and financial certifications. First Year applicants with international coursework will also be assessed the $30 international credential evaluation fee. See Undergraduate International Admissions Requirements for details.
- Applicants to the programs below. Must submit supplemental documents. Common Application users will submit these items with the application, UIC web application users should view the Upload Guide for submission directions.